Four Reasons to Choose Online Software for Your Foundation Reason #4: Integration and Ease of Use (Part 4 of 4)
Organizations will often spend many hours discussing, researching and calculating the costs of a new software solution. However it is easy to overlook an important aspect: the time it takes to implement and train on new software. It is a common oversight many organizations make and it can be a frustrating and costly mistake.
Implementation and training time should factor into your overall decision and here are several questions you can address as part of your software evaluation process:
- How easy is the software to learn?
- Does our IT staff need special training?
- How much staff time will be required for implementation?
- What is the process and how long will it take to implement?
- How long and what is the cost to integrate with our other systems?
- How expensive are change requests if our organization grows or revises our processes?
Organizations often find that the answers to the questions vary a great deal between installed and online software, and between vendors. The good news is that:
Online software is implemented by trained experts and often saves organizations both time and money over installed software.
We hope you have found our four part blog series: "Four Reasons to Choose Online Software"helpful. We also have a variety of Bromelkamp Company GEMS including case studies, blog posts and tips sheets designed to help you throughout your software evaluation process.
Is Online Software Right for your Foundation? 10 Essential Questions.